What we’re looking for:
Superfly is seeking a Designer to add to our rapidly growing design team in Chicago. Our ideal candidate is experienced at leading creative conception and production across graphic design, experience/interaction design, and brand identity. The Designer is a leader adept at understanding a client’s needs and objectives, creating a vision and guiding a multidisciplinary team through the execution and production of designs that are well polished and visually and strategically compelling.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the Associate Creative Director and across internal teams to create conceptual design solutions which support brand campaigns
- Lead a project or group of projects, refining and developing all aspects of chosen design concept
- Work with the production team to ensure integrity of design in final deliverables
- Prepare materials for client and internal meetings
- Balance creative requirements with brand and client business objectives
- Concept and execute design directions, including but not limited to: digital UX/UI, presentation materials, social channel design support, photo retouching and animated GIFs
Your strengths include:
- Strong conception skills
- Experience concepting and executing modern, responsive digital designs and builds
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Service-oriented mindset, the designers play a huge role in supporting our team across all departments!
- Internal and external client service experience - this role juggles both expertly!
- Strong problem solving skills
- Hard-working, with the ability to prioritize while managing multiple projects at once in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Flexibility and composure under pressure
- Learning on the fly - naturally curious, versatile learner, open to change, knowing when to ask for direction
- Some might say you are internet and culture obsessed… in a good way
- Intellectual and technical horsepower - we’re talking Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Apps for business
- You thrive in and contribute to a positive, collaborative and fun work environment
- 2-4 years of design experience in a professional, team environment
- Strong visual design and branding sense
- Creative agency experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or related field
- Working knowledge of the latest versions of Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
Why work at Superfly:
We are idea evolvers, people lovers, music nerds and passionate humans who are constantly striving to enhance our industry leading-work. We have fun taking work seriously. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous company contribution towards employee medical benefits, 100% company paid dental, vision, and long-term disability plans, flexible spending account, voluntary life insurance, commuter benefits, retirement plan, flexible time off policy and a strong, collaborative, positive company culture which we expect you will contribute to.