As the visionaries behind Bonnaroo, Outside Lands and Cocktail Magic, the Superfly team is a creative and dedicated group of storytellers, content creators, strategists, and experience builders. Our Superfly Internship Program provides an invaluable hands-on experience for those who want to work alongside a passionate group in a creative, fast-paced, and innovative atmosphere. Forget about coffee runs -- our interns learn the ins and outs of business development, influencer marketing, sponsorship, communications, brand marketing, programming, and more.
The Summer internship cycle takes place from June - August 2017.
About our Internship Program:
This is an unpaid educational internship. As an intern, you’ll gain experience unparalleled in the classroom. We provide interns with the opportunity to learn and develop new skills while gaining a deeper understanding of concepts through hands-on application. Working closely with their supervisor, interns explore their career field of interest, acquire new skills, and develop transferrable skills.
Each intern reports to a Superfly employee who provides hands-on training, oversight, and mentorship. Your internship benefits include gaining experience unparalleled in the classroom, exploration in a career field of interest, acquiring new skills and developing transferable skills for resume building, and establishing vital career networks and mentors.
*Each student must be eligible to receive college credit for any internship at Superfly*
As a Superfly intern, you'll learn and be a part of:
- Participating in brainstorms and team collaborations
- Researching the web and publications for relevant news to share with the team
- Organizing and archiving files, footage and Superfly contacts
- Attending meetings and distributing notes to different teams
- Working with database managers to ensure data input accuracy
- Assisting with administrative tasks for all departments
Your strengths/experience/interests include:
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Strong writing skills (creative & technical)
- Willingness to take on a full range of tasks; ability to multi-task
- Proactive and curious, and you love to learn
- You enjoy research and problem solving
- Proficiency in Google Apps (especially Google Drive) and Microsoft Office
- Interest in a career within the entertainment/event/marketing industries
Our Summer 2017 Internships will include opportunities on the following teams in NYC:
- Agency | Client Services - Our Client Services team is made up of relationship builders who manage day-to-day communication and workflow for brands, and are responsible for brand activations and sponsorships management at Superfly's festivals. This team drives day-to-day communication, project management, and workflow for Superfly festivals and clients, working with internal teams, clients, vendors, and sponsors as needed to ensure activations are executed smoothly. This intern will learn about everything that goes into a client activation, from ideation to execution. Interest in a career within the marketing industry is a plus!
- Agency | Social & Influencer Marketing - There's no I in Superfly, and an internship with this team will mean just that -- you'll learn how we execute social/digital and influencer campaigns for our brand partners with help from our friends on the social, influencer, and other cross departmental teams here at Superfly. This intern works directly with our Client Services team and will be involved in all aspects of project execution, including industry research, creative development (brainstorms!), campaign reporting, and client relations. We're excel wizards, culture nerds, and social media experts...so if you can relate - you might be the perfect intern to work with our team. Interest in a career within the marketing industry and knowledge of social/digital & influencer marketing disciplines is a plus!
- Agency | Sponsorships - Our Client Services - Sponsorships team is responsible for brand activations and sponsorships management at Superfly's festivals. This team drives day-to-day communication, project management, and workflow for Superfly festival clients, working with internal teams, clients, and sponsors as needed to ensure on-site activations are executed smoothly. This intern will learn about everything that goes into a sponsor activation, from ideation to execution. As the Sponsorship Intern, your responsibilities will include, but won't be limited to, industry and trend research, sponsor impressions tracking and monitoring, and organizing departmental documents. Interest in a career within the marketing and events industry is a plus!
- Brand Marketing - Our Brand Marketing team focuses on the creative and strategic integrated marketing initiatives for Superfly and it’s properties, including Bonnaroo, Outside Lands, and Cocktail Magic. This intern will review and help to create print and digital marketing materials, ensure websites are up-to-date and consistent, conduct research on creative marketing strategies, manage event image libraries, and maintain announcement schedules and timelines. Our ideal candidate is a marketing major with an interest in live events and festivals who is proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop & Illustrator), and possesses knowledge of file types, FTP sites, and website content entry.
- Business Development - Our Business Development team is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with the many brands that look to Superfly to help them impact culture. Our team is responsible for starting these conversations, brainstorming creative execution ideas, and vetting all opportunities for both agency and festival partnerships. The Business Development intern must be an excellent researcher, a creative thinker, and a super organized team member willing to go the extra mile. This intern’s main responsibilities will include assisting with concept ideation, taking notes in team meetings, and organizing materials for client pitches. This intern will also work closely with our Agency’s Creative Strategy team in developing client deliverables for active business. Ideal candidates would be immersed in the world of creative brands, with major bonus points for interest in sales, marketing, partnerships, and of course, music and music festivals!
- Communications - Our Communications team manages Superfly’s media relations using strategic communication. The Communications intern will assist in coordinating PR opportunities through prep and scheduling, draft pitches, monitor media and social for coverage relevant to Superfly, coordinate development of internal and external company communications, and create targeted media lists. We’re looking for PR or Communications majors with a passion for writing and building relationships.
- Content & Programming - This intern will split his/her time between two teams. Our Programming team books talent for Superfly festivals, agency projects, and internal events. Our Content team produces original video content across Superfly branded properties and client opportunities, from launching new media to developing original programming. This internship will be involved in everything from researching artist info, album releases and tour schedules to processing guest lists and credentials to assisting with in-studio and on-location shoots. Knowledge of new music & Final Cut Pro is a plus!
- Corporate Development - Our Corporate Development Team focuses on exploring and evaluating new business opportunities beyond our traditional music festivals from their early stages to being green-lit. The Corporate Development intern will support the evaluation of new business opportunities by assisting to create and evaluate market research techniques and strategies to better inform the Superfly Corporate Development Team of advantages and disadvantages of pursuing different markets. Responsibilities include assisting in development project coordination, market research, research of new business opportunities, networking management including creation of one-sheets and brand overviews, as well as providing overall support to the Corporate Development department. Our ideal candidate has a business background with strong research capabilities, excellent verbal and written skills, strong financial modeling knowledge and skills, excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and strong attention to detail.
- Creative Production - Our Creative Production team ideates and executes visual, culinary, and non-music programming (think: magic, theater, comedy) initiatives and more for Superfly events, working with internal teams and outside vendors to create and enhance the experience. This intern's duties will range from creating and updating visual mood boards to updating our database of artistic references and inspirations to assisting the team with on-site on projects including art installations, theater, photo documentation, and more. Interest and knowledge of arts and theater is a plus!
- Influencer Relations - Wondering what your favorite YouTuber is really like? What about who the next big digital stars are? If so, welcome to the Influencer Relations world! This intern will work closely with the Superfly influencer relations team to help discover new talent, understand the industry landscape, assist on strategy, and ensure successful campaign execution. In this role you'll gain a deep understanding of digital and celebrity talent, various influencer categories, how to establish and maintain lasting talent relationships, and how to run and manage a successful influencer campaign. You'll get to assist in activating talent across both brand relationships and festival properties. Interest in talent relations, influencer marketing and a love of social media platforms are a plus!
Please indicate the team(s) you're interested in applying to intern with when you submit your application.