OGX Media Experiences, LLC is looking for a strategic, analytical, and business-centric General Manager to establish the strategic direction for key business lines while managing the operating P&L to achieve defined revenue and profitability objectives. As the cross-functional business leader, the GM is expected to bring energy, focus and financial discipline across all departments to ensure alignment to deliver on-time and on-budget world-class guest experiences.
Key responsibilities include:
- Owns the full P&L for specific tours and experiences.
- Leads all day to day business across production, touring, studio partnerships, JV partnerships, and general project management.
- Works closely with the Head of International to set objectives and scale business overseas; working with key partners and ensuring consistent communication and alignment with studio partners.
- Project management & budget oversight - responsible for keeping projects on time, on budget and tracking & reporting against core KPIs.
- Partners with Finance to ensure accurate, consistent reporting and analysis of the business, provide on-going forecasts, communicate changes/variances, and make recommendations to achieve goals and objectives on a timely basis.
- Oversees team in day-to-day communication with studio partners, guiding the process from creative development through execution while also ensuring that business needs and realities are effectively communicated to achieve business objectives.
- Works closely with the Executive team to set and achieve goals to scale each business.
- Determines touring schedule, operating calendar and markets.
- Partners with the Head of Real Estate to manage real estate profile/scope and to secure venues that fit each project’s operating and financial objectives.
- Partners with the Marketing team and aligns with brand managers to drive ticket sales.
- Leads cross functional teams to create alignment to achieve business goals.
- Improve efficiency of each business and seek new ways to drive revenue, through new or modified revenue streams.
- Tracks customer reviews and works across teams to improve as needed.
- Reviews and sets pricing for sponsorship and private event programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree or applicable experience preferred
- 10+ years working in entertainment/venue management role with P&L responsibility
- Willing and able to travel as needed to support projects
- Experience with Mac OS X, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Apps
- Experience with project and budget management
- Impeccable organization and appreciation for process
- Proven leader and strong communicator that can effectively work across all departments.
- Proactive and resourceful with strong problem solving skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and handle diverse workload
- Positive attitude and excited to learn and grow in a small company
- Self-starter who takes full responsibility and ownership of the tasks before them