Associate Strategy Director, Experiential
Superfly is a brand experience agency obsessed with helping brands connect meaningfully to culture & creating the future of experiences. We support our partners in identifying and amplifying their unique slant within culture in ways that drive business objectives and create resonance. We are on a mission to shape how the world plays and connects through activating and amplifying communities around common passions and unforgettable moments.
From producing some of the world’s most iconic festivals to building unforgettable brand experiences like BravoCon and Revolt Summit, Superfly has been defining the creative edge of experience for over 20 years.
We’re seeking an Associate Director, Experiential Strategy to help lead the development of strategies that bring to life the most effective and interesting experiences for top-tier brands. You’ll partner with creatives, business leads, experiential production and other disciplines to ensure strategy is properly reflected across all initiatives and touchpoints. You’ll bring inspiration and actionable insights to the fast-evolving brand and experience landscape and support the VP of Strategy in evolving the agency's POV on culture, consumer behavior, and experiences.
Who you are:
- One-part business consultant, one-part creative strategist, and always a partner to the creative, production and account colleagues to deliver extraordinary experiences for our clients.
- A collaborator, who ideates with others, is a master of “yes, and…”, and makes others better
- Someone who can roll-up your sleeves and be the lead strategist on projects, on accounts, and across new business
- A critical thinker who knows how to identify our clients’ problems in a strategic manner whether it be research, valuation and business case development, organizational design, or process optimization
- A curious person who stays up to date on culture and trends. Who likes unearthing data to inform insights and direction; is comfortable with qual & quant data and analysis, and with developing measurement platforms to track client successes
- An expert in the experiential space, with a POV on how brands should engage
Your responsibilities will include:
- Authoring all strategic deliverables – from creative briefs to final presentations – on select accounts and new business pitches
- Leading pitches, strategy workshops, and original research for new business and organic growth opportunities
- Developing frameworks and methodologies for approaching major strategic issues
- Serving as a thought leader on industry trends and strategies for internal and external audiences
- Working with VP of Strategy to optimize strategic processes and foundational tools. And, providing support in ongoing strategy team growth and development
- Providing deep insight & inspiration to our creative and business development partners
What we require:
- 5-8 years experience in strategy and/or brand planning with at least 4 years of experience in experiential strategy.
- Agency experience preferred
- Strong familiarity with the experiential landscape – sponsorships, festival activations, other experiential
- A solid understanding of the tools and frameworks that support brand and experiential marketing strategy development
- Extensive knowledge of branded experience, influencer marketing, integrated brand strategy, and social & content marketing.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior communication skills (written & verbal)
- A persuasive and engaging presentation style
- Strong interest in and understanding of the cultural forces and trends that impact consumer behavior, the experiential landscape and evolving trends
- Experience managing strategists.
- Strong ability to collaborate, work successfully in a team, and in partnership with other teams
Why Work at Superfly
We are idea evolvers, people lovers, music nerds and passionate humans who are constantly striving to enhance our industry leading-work. We have fun taking work seriously.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous company contribution towards employee health benefits, health savings account, short-term disability plans, automatic life insurance, retirement plan with company match, flexible PTO policy and a strong, collaborative, positive company culture which we expect you will contribute to. We are an equal opportunity employer.